Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lucky Charms

Have you ever attempted to search through your entire back yard for a single four-leaf clover? Did you tear out every last flower in your grandmother's precious garden and every blade of grass in your father's precious lawn in a desperate attempt to find luck? Okay, maybe you haven't. I haven't done that either. (Except for those couple of times....last week...)
We all search for luck, whether it's by searching for four-leaf clover (and getting grounded for it), finding a penny on the sidewalk, or chasing a rainbow to it's end. (Or, of course catching Lucky the leprechaun before he uses his marshmallow powers to disappear.) But can't we bring about our own luck?
It's always fun to believe in luck - and, who knows? Maybe you really can get lucky-but you shouldn't rely completely on it. Maybe the reason you aren't getting lucky is because you aren't being proactive. Maybe, if you go after your dreams, the luck will come to you. It's worth a try.
For your next science test, feel free to wear your lucky underwear, but be sure to study well ahead of time. Your underwear can only do so much when it comes to acing that test. Trust me.
If you have a great idea, don't just dream about it or simply wish on a star for it. (That only works for Gepetto-and I'm sure you don't want a fairy breaking into your house and bringing your puppet to life. That would be creepy.)
Instead of waiting for your dream to come true, make it come true. Go after it! Keep a positive attitute and try your best. Lucky the leprechaun won't be able to resist you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear mypurplewig,


Nice story about Lucky Charms. I know that you shouldn't rely on your "Special Shinguards" or your " Lucky Poneo" to win the big soccer game, but I have to admit that when I was, like, seven years old, my younger sister and I plucked out half my backyard looking for a four-leafed clover. Eventually, we gave up and split one clover leaf in half and showed that to my mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear mypurplewig,

Nice story about Lucky Charms. I know you shouldn't rely on your "Special Shinguards" or your " Lucky Poney-O" to win the big soccer game, but one time, when I was like, seven years old, My sister and I plucked out half my backyard looking for a four-leafed clover.Eventually,we gave up, and ripped a leaf of a three-leafed clover in half. That's what We showed to my mom.:)